Friday, September 11, 2009

another reason to love our neighbourhood...

For the past few months, I've been hearing the faint sound of "old Mcdonald had a farm" outside my home office window. Thinking it was our neighbour's kid playing around with a barn animal farm type of toy, I would just ignore it and carry on to what I was doing..

So last night, as we are hanging out in our driveway trying to plan out our evening (mostly going to the airport to pick up a package from FedEx - i love getting packages btw), we spot this ice cream truck slowly driving down the street.. with good ol "MacDonald" blaring through the speakers.. seriously?! When was the last time you saw an ice cream truck driving down your street? We never get this kind of excitement in our neck of the woods.

Our neighbours ordering dessert at the end of our shared driveway

I have never been so mad... well I wasn't mad.. just disappointed in myself. I love ice cream.. it breaks my heart that I only got to find out about this magical truck now. Hopefully he goes by again this weekend.. I would hate to miss it!!

Side note: from now on, I will always look outside my window when I hear unusual sounds coming from the street. Guaranteed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment