Friday, June 26, 2009

The morning of crafts..

Every couple months, our organisation gets together for Town Hall meetings to update us on what is new and going on in the unit these days. During the meetings there are presentations, guest speakers and on occasion team building exercises.

Usually, I don't stick around for the team building exercises, but this time around I was intrigued. About half way through the meeting, a group of individuals passed gift bags around the room. Each table got a bag stuffed with sharpies, poster boards, foam paper, pipe cleaners, 4 pints of play -doh, glue and lots of little crafty things.


I think I was the only one who was really excited about the project.. While everyone else rolled their eyes at the bag, I rummaged through it and got really excited about all the goodies we had to play with. I just love to do crafts in my spare time. I'm not very good at it, but I have lots of fun doing it! Also, I LOVE play-d'oh.. BONUS!!

I'm not gonna go into much detail of what the project is supposed to represent (just in case people I work with figure out I have this blog) but here are a few shots of the project. It may look like a first grade craft project.. but we had tons of fun putting this together..
From now on, I think I'll attend all team building exercises.. the play d'oh is worth the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment