Monday, June 29, 2009

Iggly, Piggly, Oops!

For the past couple weeks, we have been in and out of Toys"R"Us looking for toy ideas for the 1 of many birthdays coming up this summer. We walked up and down many isles starting from small puzzles all the way up to Nintendo land. We spotted quite a few new additions to kiddy land. Some of which are very unusual to say the least. I just don't get how people think these things up… What ever happened to ol' Teddy Ruxpin or the Carebears?

The strangest of the many toys are these funny looking creatures. Created by the same "geniuses" who brought us Teletubbies, in The Night Garden is a BBC children's show geared towards young toddlers and babies which explores the differences between being asleep and being awake from a child's perspective. (did you get all of that?) After seeing a few of the characters in stuffed form, I really don't think I'd want my kid to watch this.. Here are a few pics I snapped up last weekend.. Kind of creepy.. Don't ya think?
Looks like a Bald ewok.. don't ya think?

I think I'm going to stick to the familiar Elmo and friends, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment