Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Weekend gardening

I've been anxiously awaiting the day where I could finally get my hands dirty and start prepping the beds for a brand new season of gardening. I love to garden.. It's a passion gifted from my dad.. for years I've watched him create an oasis of flower beds from scratch. I also like to think of gardening as a form of therapy; nothing makes us happier than getting our hands dirty and making something beautiful and caring for our lovelies.

Over the years I have learned to love and care for my perennials and show them reasons to keep coming back stronger as the years go on. Every spring, I look forward to seeing their little heads peek out.. my favorite part, this exact moment..

well hello there..

In a couple weeks, my spring ladies will be here.. how I've missed them..

I spent most of Sunday clearing the gardens of the garbage winter usually leaves behind. I also gave the lawn a well deserved combing. I missed the boat on lawn maintenance this past year and I vowed to make it a goal to get the best looking lawn on Sunnybrooke dr.. I have a feeling it will be a successful change. (toes crossed!)

I have to say I was a little bumbed when the birdhouse didn't survive the winter chills..

I guess our birds will have to enjoy the upgrade from condo to cottage soon! The search is on for the newest addition, hopefully we'll find something soon.

And now I leave you with the best part of getting your hands and feet dirty.. The amazing at home 'sink pedi'.. just read a trashy magazine for a half hour and let those babies soak for a little TLC time...

your toes will thank you later.. mine always do!

No comments:

Post a Comment