Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a keepsake project..

I've been going back and forth on creating a keepsake book of our memories together for about a year now. We are slowly creeping up on the 5 year mark in our relationship and I think I'm ready to start putting things together to build this behemoth of a book.

It will need to be durable and have many blank pages to fill since we're planning on adding pictures and souvenirs to it for many more years to come. It would be to document how we met, our first date, our biggest milestones (recent engagement and upcoming wedding) babies (a scary but exciting word) and our children's milestones. And of course, a special spot for Rufus, our fur baby.

First thing's first, our family tree..


My parents were only able to trace our family tree back 3 generations but eventually I'd like to go even further than that (more on that soon). For the time being 3 generations is more than enough for the project. I'd love to document where everybody grew up, how they all met, wedding dates.. cultivate as much information as possible. If we can, I'd love to have pictures of everybody either in the tree or next to it. But only if it's possible.. I know some pictures might have gotten misplaced over the years which is understandable (won't lose any sleep over it)

I am grateful my parents documented the first 3 years of my childhood in my memory book, but It still left me wanting more.. maybe I'll make a separate book for each of my kids to give to them on their wedding day or graduation.. I want to be able to preserve our fondest memories together for as long as we can.. I find myself looking back at my memory book every once in a while and I know I'll be thanking myself years from now when little details get forgotten..

I'd love to finally find our keepsakes a permanent home and to have it be something we can enjoy as a family for years to come. Like other things in our lives at the moment, it won't happen overnight, but looking at it as a long term goal, this will be a very special project and close to our hearts.

Can't wait to start working on this..

1 comment: