Saturday, April 10, 2010

Grandpapa and the Old West


After going through boxes of old photographs and books that once belonged to my grandfather, I became a little disappointed with myself in how little I knew of him before he passed in 2000. Once in a while my grandmother will come out with hilarious stories on how they met, and their lives together but I'd love to learn more about his past, where he grew up..

A few things I loved very much about him was his obsession with Abbott and Costello VHS tapes, Anne Murray and a love for the Old West (he grew up in Alberta). As a tribute to his early years, my uncle sent him a collection of photographs inspired by the Old West for Fathers day in '78.

here are a few of my favorite photographs from that collection..



No comments:

Post a Comment