Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Snow, The Snow is Here!!

Tuesday, Dec 8th 2009, 6pm EST
Outside the office...
Wednesday, Dec 9th 2009, 6:30pm EST
Outside the office..

The aftermath...

The first storm of the season came as advertised Wednesday with about 20 cm of snow and gusting winds that sent cars into ditches and jets back to their hangars.

I assume 20cm was more of a guesstimate.. The weather has been so disgusting today.. at 3pm this afternoon the big boss sent an e-mail to all supervisors to inform them their staff may leave for the day due to terrible road conditions.

I'm still stuck at the office, waiting for my better half to swing by and pick me up.

It is now 6pm.

Whenever there is a snow storm, us public servants are notorious for taking "working from home days" or as I call them "snow days". (hey! If the kids can stay home from school, we can work from home too!) Since it was very quiet in the office, I entertained myself by taking pictures of the parking lot outside my window every couple hours to see how much snow really fell...
Can you spot the differences?


At some point in the day, you could barely see the buildings and apartment complexes located across the street (which are usually very visible during a clear day).



ahhh yes friends... winter is finally back with a vengeance... *sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment