Sunday, February 7, 2010

Putting the pieces together..

It feels like it's been a long time since we've had a completely clean house. Sure, it's clean when we're entertaining friends or when the pizza guy drops off an order.. don't get me wrong, it's clean.. just not organized clean. This is where we need some major mojo in the motivation department.

Every week, I read design blog after design blog and long for the perfect home makeovers. But the problem with dreaming is we don't have the attention span it takes to undergo a HUGE reno from start to finish. As sad as that is, it is the truth.

But what these design blogs have taught me, if anything, is that styling your home will always be a work in progress. I've finally decided that this year, I will put my nose to the ground and get at least 1 project finished before the end of the year.

The room with the most TLC needed right now is our Master Suite. Before Christmas, I started plastering walls and sanding down bits, but I got stuck at the colors stage. Couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with the space or what we could afford. I have ideas.. it's time to put them to action. First thing is first.. inspiration board to come..

1 comment:

  1. That's a great goal! Good luck! I hope you take lots of pictures and keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete